Ammonium Sulphate 98.5-100%
Regular price £5.99
Molecular formula: (NH4)2SO4
Industrial Grade / Fertiliser Grade
Ammoniacal Nitrogen - 21 %
PROPERTIES OF AMMONIUM SULPHATE:
- CAS No: 7783-20-2
- Other names: ammonium sulfate (2:1), diammonium sulfate, sulfuric acid diammonium salt, mascagnite, Actamaster, Dolamin
- Appearance: Brownish gray to white crystals or granules
- Purity: 98.5-100%
- Specific gravity: 1.77
- Solubility: 77 g/100 g @20oC
- Molecular weight: 132.16
- pH: 4.5-5.5
- Melting point: 235oC (455oF) decomposition starts
USES OF AMMONIUM SULPHATE:
- As a fertiliser for alkaline soils lowering the pH of the soil and adding nitrogen. Ammonium sulphate will reduce pH of soil but not by large amounts. 1.5kg of ammonium sulphate will treat 100 square metres and reduce the pH by 0.1 to 0.2 units.
- Adjuvant for soluble insecticides, herbicides and fungicides.
- As a flame retardant.