Dipropylene Glycol 99.8%
DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL 99.8%
Molecular formula: C6H14O3
Properties of Dipropylene glycol:
- Chemical Names: oxydipropanol, oxybispropanol, bis(2-hydroxypropyl) ether, 2,2'-dihydroxydipropyl ether, 1,1'-dimethyl diethylene glycol, 1,1'-oxydi-2-propanol, 2,2'-dihydroxyisopropyl ether, 2-(2-hydroxypropyl)-1-methyl ethanol, 1-(2-hydroxypropoxy) propan-2-ol, hydroxypropyl oxypropanol
- CAS NO: 25265-71-8
- EINECS: 246-770-3
- Description: Liquid at room temperature, colourless and Odourless.
- Actual Specific Gravity : 1.02140 @ 25.00 C.
- Specific Gravity : 1.01900 - 1.02100 @ 25.00 C.
- Actual Refractive Index : 1.44140 @ 20.00 C.
- Refractive Index : 1.43000 - 1.45000 @ 20.00 C.
- Assay: 99.00 - 100.00 %
- Soluble in : Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Alcohol, Isopropyl Myristate, Amyris Wood Oil
- Solubility : miscible with Water
Dipropylene glycol is a colourless, nearly odourless liquid with a high boiling point and low toxicity. It is a mixture of three isomeric chemical compounds, 4-oxa-2,6-heptandiol, 2-(2-Hydroxy-propoxy)-propan-1-ol, and 2-(2-Hydroxy-1-methyl-ethoxy)-propan-1-ol.
Dipropylene glycol with low odour is a high quality grade and with it's low toxicity and solvent properties makes it an ideal additive for perfumes and skin and hair care products. It is also an ingredient in commercial fogging fluids which are used in entertainment industry smoke and haze machines.
Uses for dipropylene glycol:
Perfumery Uses :
- Making Reed Diffuser oils (see below for details)
- Very good fragrance diluent and quencher.
- Pot pourri, perfumes, room sprays, body sprays, oil burners
Other effective uses of DPG are:
- Hydraulic brake fluid formulations
- Cutting oils
- Textile lubricants
- Printing inks
- Industrial soaps
- Solvent for agrichemicals eg. insecticides.