Citric Acid Anhydrous 100%
Regular price £4.99
CITRIC ACID ANHYDROUS available in 150g, 250g, 500g, 1500g, 5000g.
100% food grade
Molecular Formula: C6H8O7
Citric acid occurs naturally in citrus fruits, it is a weak organic acid.
- Food and drink - an acidulant, incl. in lemonade and carbonated "sour" sweets
- Descaling (kettles, baby sterilizers, shower heads etc.)
- Remover of limescale deposits on sinks, taps, showers, tiles, toilets etc.
- Bath bombs - use 2 parts sodium bicarbonate to 1 part citric acid
Instructions for use:
- Washing machines: Use only in washing machines with stainless steel drums. Add 200g to an empty machine. Start machine 60c.
- Dishwashers: Fill the detergent tablet container with citric acid, add the rest of the package to the base of an empty dishwasher. Then run the machine on a normal washing program.
- Kettles: Half fill the kettle with water and bring it to the boil. Disconnect, add about 100g of the sachet and set aside for 15 minutes. Rinse thoroughly. Wipe the outside of the kettle. Wipe up any spills immediately. Repeat if necessary.
- Irons: Check whether the manufacturer recommends descaling. Disconnect the iron. Prepare a solution of two tablespoons of critical acid in hot water to fill the iron halfway. Hold the iron over the sink and turn on the steam. Fill with fresh water and rinse. (including spray) until transparent. Check by ironing on an old piece of fabric.