Oxalic Acid 99.5%
Available in 200g, 400, 1000g, 2000g, 3000g.
99.5% Pure White Powder
Molecular formula: C2H2O4 * 2H2O
Oxalic Acid is a chemical agent most commonly used in households. Oxalic powder mixed with water turns into an oxalic acid solution. In high doses, oxalic acid is very dangerous, but in moderate doses it is safe for a variety of useful functions.
The product is slightly hygroscopic and should be stored in a dry place to prevent moisture build-up and caking.
Oxalic acid can be used as a bleaching agent for both wood and stone. When applied to an old and grey wooden floor, oxalic acid restores the natural white colour.
- Stain removal:
Oxalic acid effectively removes ink, food and many other types of stains while leaving the base surfaces intact. It can also be used to remove most stains on stone, brick, linoleum, wood and vinyl surfaces.
Do not use oxalic acid if the floor is sealed as it will eat up the finish.
- Removal of rust:
Oxalic acid is also used to remove rust, which is commonly found on plumbing pipes and kitchen countertops, and is the main ingredient in commercial sink, tub and rust stain removers.
- Other uses:
- as a reducing agent in developing photographic plates,
- can effectively remove calcium from sewage,
- grinding agent when polishing marble,
- auxiliary agent for the electrolytic oxidation of aluminium,
HOW TO USE:
- First make a 5% solution with warm water in an airtight container and shake well to make sure all the crystals are dissolved.
- To prepare 1L of the solution, add 50g of the product to 950ml of warm water.
- To remove stains from wood, first make sure the wood is sanded down and all paints, oils and varnishes are removed so that the chemical can penetrate the stains.
- Apply with a sponge or brush to the entire surface to avoid stains and leave for an hour.
- Wash off with water and after drying, apply varnish to protect the wood.
If the 5% solution does not work, you can make a stronger 8% -10% solution if necessary and repeat the process.
When working with chemicals, always use face, eye and body shields!
Avoid contact with skin, eyes and clothes. Avoid breathing dust. Use normal personal hygiene and housekeeping. Store in a cool, dry place away from other incompatible materials.
- EYES: May cause irritation.
- SKIN: May cause irritation.
- INHALATION: May cause severe damage to the mouth, throat and stomach.
- INGESTION: It is harmful and fatal if swallowed in large doses.
VENTILATION REQUIREMENTS: Ventilate if necessary to remove dust from work area.
KEEP AWAY FROM: Strong oxidiser, alkali, chloride, hypochlorite and furfuryl alcohol.