Polysorbate 20 100%
Regular price £6.99
TWEEN 20 / POLYSORBATE 20
Molecular formula: C58H114O26
Synonyms: Polyoxyethylene 20 sorbitan fatty acid ester, Surfacare T20, Montanox20, PEG(20)sorbitan monolaurate, Alkest TW 20
Polysorbate 20 (Tween 20) is a polysorbate-type nonionic surfactant formed by the ethoxylation of sorbitan before the addition of lauric acid. Its stability and relative nontoxicity allows it to be used as a detergent and emulsifier in a number of domestic, scientific, and pharmacological applications.
- In food as a wetting agent;
- For cosmetic and pharmaceutical applications;
- In biotechnical applications: to saturate binding sites on surfaces, as a solubilizing agent of membrane proteins, as a washing agent in immunoassays; It has been used as an emulsifying agent for the preparation of stable oil-in-water emulsions;
- To remove stamps from envelopes and to remove residues from stamps;
- Polysorabte 20 can also be used as a viscosity modifier, anti-stat, stabilizer and dispersing agent.
It is the final ingredient necessary when combining fragrance oil with water-based products. It is perfect for keeping the product clear and un-cloudy & prevents any separation of the oils or fragrance.