Potassium Iodide is an inorganic compound with the chemical formula Kl. This white salt is the most commercially significant iodide compound. It is less hygroscopic (absorbs water less readily) than sodium iodide, making it easier to work with. Aged and impure samples are yellow because of aerial oxidation of the iodide to elemental iodine.
*The uses of Kl include use as a nutritional supplement in animal feeds and also the human diet.
* Used to Make Lugols iodine Solutions for all applications
* offers Thyroid protection during medical treatment
* offers Thyroid protection from Nuclear Radiation
* A precursor to silver iodide (AgI) an important chemical in film photography.
* A component in some disinfectants and hair treatment chemicals.
* Is also used as a fluorescence quenching agent in biomedical research.