Propylene Glycol 99.8%
Available in 250gml, 500ml.
Molecular formula: C3H8O2
Propylene Glycol is a viscous, colourless liquid, almost odourless with a slightly sweet taste. It consists of two groups of alcohols; it is classified as a diol. Miscible with a wide range of solvents, including water, acetone and chloroform. Glycols have a very low volatility and are non-irritating.
Pure USP / EP 99.8% PG pharmaceutical grade. The purest form of PG available. It is suitable for all pharmaceutical and food applications and is Kosher certified.
- production of unsaturated polyester resins;
- humectant to prevent the skin from drying out (hand sanitizers);
- solvent in many pharmaceuticals;
- electronic cigarettes (vaporizer base to dilute nicotine liquid);
- a solvent for many substances, both natural and synthetic;
- humectant (E1520);
- solvent for food dyes and flavours;
- cooling agent for fermentation tanks with a jacket of beer and wine glycol;
- solar water heating systems;
- a solvent used in mixing photographic chemicals (film developers in cryonics);
- moisturizer in medicines, cosmetics, food, toothpaste, shampoos, mouthwashes, hair care and tobacco products;
- for de-icing airplanes;
- agent to lower the freezing point of the ice slurry;
- catching and preserving insects (including as a DNA preservative);
- creating theatrical smoke and fog;
- addition in PCR to lower the melting point of nucleic acids to target GC rich sequences;
- component of UV or black light tattoo ink;
- lubricant in air conditioning compressors;
- production of lava lamps.