Sodium Bromide Anhydrous 100%
Regular price £10.98
SODIUM BROMIDE Anhydrous 100%
Molecular formula: NaBr
Sodium bromide is an inorganic compound. It is a high-melting white, crystalline solid that resembles sodium chloride. It is a widely used source of the bromide ion and has many applications.
- Sodium bromide is the most useful inorganic bromide in industry. It is also used as a catalyst in oxidation reactions;
- Sodium bromide is widely used for the preparation of other bromides in organic synthesis and other areas. It is a source of the bromide nucleophile;
- Used as a disinfectant for hot tubs and swimming pools (in conjunction with chlorine);
- In Petroleum industry NaBr is used to prepare dense drilling fluids used in oil wells because of its high solubility in water;
- Sodium bromide known also as Sedoneural has been used as a hypnotic, anticonvulsant and sedative in medicine.