Sodium Sulphate Anhydrous
SODIUM SULPHATE ANHYDROUS
Available in 200g, 400g, 1000g.
Molecular formula Na2SO4
Sodium sulphate is the sodium salt of sulphuric acid, also known as the mineral thenardite. It is a white crystalline solid. Its advantage is good solubility in water and glycerine, but it does not dissolve in ethanol. In aqueous solutions, it completely dissociates into sulphate and sodium ions.
- In the laboratory as an inert drying agent to remove traces of water from organic solutions;
- In many powdered cleaners including washing powders, stain removers, carpet cleaners etc;
- In electrochemical treatment of metals, semiconductors, semi-finished products and agriculture;
- In the food industry as a thinner for food colours (E number E514);
- In the production of textiles;
- In the production of detergents and in the pulping process of Kraft paper.
Buyer assumes all responsibility for safety and use not in accordance with directions.