Sodium Sulphate Anhydrous
SODIUM SULPHATE ANHYDROUS
Molecular formula Na2SO4
Sodium sulfate is the sodium salt of sulfuric acid. It is a white crystalline solid and is highly soluble in water.
- In the laboratory as an inert drying agent, for removing traces of water from organic solutions;
- In many powdered cleaners including laundry powders, destaining powders, carpet cleaners etc;
- In the electrochemical metal treatment, semi-conductors, intermediates and agriculture;
- In the food industry as a diluent for food colours (with E number E514);
- In the manufacture of textiles;
- In the manufacture of detergents and in the Kraft process of paper pulping.