Marine antifouling STRIPPIT MAX is a fast acting water-soluble remover designated to remove old unwanted antifouling – safe for GRP.
Gel consistency product works perfectly on vertical surfaces. Thanks to its dissolving formula, a few coat layers might be gently wash/scrape off the surface without damaging the hull . It is effective on most types of self polishing and leaching antifouling.
- Prepare the surface by removing any loose and flaking paint/brush off any physical residue.
- Wet surface before applying the remover.
- Use a paste brush to apply the product. Cover whole surface with appropriate Strippit thickness. Leave it for approx. 6-12 hrs.
- Remove dissolved coat by using scraper or rinse away with water using a pressure washer.
- Can be applied on wood, metal, plastic, GRP.
- Strippit Max is safe on all surfaces except Aluminium. Does not harm plastic. Is safe on GRP.
- Always try a sample area first.
- Wear appropriate PPE, such as: gloves, safety goggles and protective clothing.
- Do not apply in temp that might cause freezing (2 C or lower) or excessive drying (above 40 C).
- Strippit works best while wet – apply water mist if needed/cover to prevent direct sunlight exposure.
- In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and seek medical advice.
- In case of accident or if you feel unwell, seek medical advice immediately.
- Causes severe burns.
PLEASE NOTE THAT STRIPPIT MAX MAY NOT WORK ON EPOXY BASED PAINTS OR POLYURETHANE PAINTS.
If you are unsure if the strippit will work on your boat please select a "Sample" from the drop down menu (this will cover approx. 0.8m2) to do a patch test.
You can also purchase a "Refill" pack which will come without the bucket.
This means that you will need your own container to mix the solution.