Sulphamic Acid 99.5%
SULPHAMIC ACID 99.5%
Molecular formula: H3NSO3
Sulphamic acid is a water-soluble and non-hygroscopic compound often used in rust removal and cleaning metal and ceramic surfaces. This compound has various uses and is also known as amidosulfonic, aminosulfuric, and amidosulfuricacids.
Sulfamic acid descaler is a more stable and household-friendly limescale and rust remover, and less volatile alternative to hydrochloric acid. This odourless solution may be used alone as an acidic cleaning agent or in proprietary mixtures for descaling metals and ceramics.
Amidosulfonic is present in several descaling agents, and limescale removal detergents due to its reduced volatility and toxicity. Unlike other mineral acids, amidosulfonic does not produce chlorine gas when mixed with bleach and other hypochlorite products.
Instead, it forms water-soluble salts of calcium and ferric iron. This intrinsic safety makes it ideal for domestic cleaning projects. Sulphamic acid melts at 205 °C and decomposes into H2O, SO3, N2, and SO2 at higher temperatures.
What Is Sulfamic Acid Used For?
Sulphamic acid is a cleaning agent for removing rust and limescale stains from ceramic and metal surfaces, it is a popular descaling solution as well. It is also used in drug manufacturing and is present in several medications like antibiotics.
In addition, amidosulfonic acid is available in several sizes from 150g Alubags to 3000g buckets and is essential in manufacturing dye, stabilising chlorine content in swimming pools, electroplating and esterifying acids.
Thanks to its multipurpose nature, it is used in industrial cleaning and some other applications such as;
- The manufacturing of herbicides and fire extinguishers
- stabilizing chloride for paper production
- Coagulating urea-based resins and synthesising nitrous oxide
Is Sulfamic Acid Dangerous?
Sulfamic acid cleaner is dangerous when it comes in direct contact with the skin, eyes or nose. If you inhale, ingest or come in skin contact with sulphamic acid, rinse off with lots of water and see a doctor immediately.
Acid sulfamic is highly combustible and is dangerous near fires and explosions.
To prevent inflammation or irritation to the skin and eyes, it is advisable to wear protective clothing and face shields when using this product.
Is Sulphamic Acid A Strong Acid?
Sulfamic acid is a slightly strong acid. This is because it has a low pH and dissolves in an aqueous solution. This makes it ideal for both household and industrial use.
You should take safety precautions when using amidosulfuric to prevent skin burns, inflammation or death.
Is Sulphamic Acid A Bleach?
While it aids the bleaching process, sulfamic acid isn’t bleach. Instead, it is primarily an odourless compound used for descaling and rust removal. A bleach, on the other hand, works by turning natural pigments into colourless ones. Unlike bleach, this solution is also used in dye and pigmentation.