Sodium Hydroxide CAUSTIC SODA 99%
SODIUM HYDROXIDE 99%
Molecular formula: NaOH
Sodium hydroxide, also known as lye and caustic soda is an inorganic compound. It is a white solid ionic compound consisting of sodium cations Na+ and hydroxide anions OH−.
Sodium hydroxide is a highly caustic base and alkali that decomposes proteins at ordinary ambient temperatures and may cause severe chemical burns. It is highly soluble in water, and readily absorbs moisture and carbon dioxide from the air.
Sodium hydroxide has a lot of uses.
- Sodium hydroxide is used in the manufacture of sodium salts and detergents, pH regulation, and organic synthesis;
- Used as an additive in drilling mud to increase alkalinity in bentonite mud systems, to increase the mud viscosity, and to neutralize any acid gas (such as hydrogen sulfide and carbon dioxide) which may be encountered in the geological formation as drilling progresses;
- It is used for making soaps and detergents;
- It is used as drain cleaners that contain sodium hydroxide convert fats and grease that can clog pipes into soap, which dissolves in water;
- It is used for making artificial textile fibres;
- It is used in the manufacture of paper;
- In de-greasing metals, oil refining, and making dyes and bleaches;
- It is used in purifying bauxite ore from which aluminium metal is extracted;
- Sodium hydroxide is sometimes used during water purification to raise the pH of water supplies;
- In Bio Diesel Production;
- It is used a General Cleaning (include oven cleaner)...
CAUTION: CAUSES SEVERE BURNS. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, mucous membranes and clothing. First Aid: External: Flood with water. Internal: Drink Large quantities of water. Call emergency room or physician immediately. Eyes: Flush with water for 15 minutes. Get prompt medical attention. Keep out of reach of children.
Do not consume. For external use only.
Corrosive product !!!
Your product will be sent is a sturdy, re-usable screw top HDPE container with warning and safety information printed.